EV Charging Point Installation Essex
Choosing The Right Charger For Your Vehicle
If you’re wondering whether to just use a 3-pin plug to charge your car, then this is possible, although not advisable. Your standard 3-pin plug offers 2.3kW of charge, so if your vehicle has a 40kWH battery, then you’d be looking at around 17 hours of charging time.
EV charging points are much faster and more cost-effective in the long run. Here are some points to consider before booking your EV charging point installation.
- Power – 3kW, 7kW and 22kW chargers are available. If you choose the most popular option of 7kW, then you could expect your vehicle to be powered up in around 6 to 8 hours depending on the size of your battery.
- Cables – tethered and untethered chargers are available. An untethered charger will allow you to connect to any electric car which is ideal if you have more than one EV in your household or if you regularly have guests with EVs staying. You’ll need to keep your cable in your boot with this option.
- EV Smart Chargers – these clever smart devices work across the Internet to extract info from your car and the grid. They then calculate the cheapest and most energy-efficient times of the day or week to charge your car.
Arrange Your Home EV Charging Point
Do you own an electrical vehicle? If you park it at home overnight, then you’ll need to arrange an electric vehicle charging point installation so that your car is ready to drive again the following morning. This type of charging is typically the cheapest and most convenient way to run your vehicle.
Who Can Have An EV Charging Point Installed?
An EV charging point installation can be arranged if you fall into one of these categories:
- Tenant with permission from your landlord
- You have off-street parking
- You have a home wi-fi connection available
Get a Quote For Your Project
What Is The Cost Of Installation?
The cost of your EV charging point will vary depending on the spec and model of the unit. For example, a 3kW unit will typically cost less than a more powerful 7kW alternative. If you’re looking for a super speedy charge at 22kW, then this will be more expensive still. Please contact Haley Electrical to obtain current prices.
There are government grants available to help with the cost of an electric vehicle charging point installation. These cover 75%, or up to £350 of the cost of installation at any time since 1st October 2016.
Why Choose Haley Electrical Services?
Haley Electrical Services are your number one choice of approved charge point installers. Our engineers have extensive experience in working with electric vehicles and can advise you on the best unit for your individual needs. Simply get in touch with our team and we’ll provide our expert guidance so you can make a decision on the right charge point for your home and vehicle.
Our professionals will always follow the latest electric vehicle charging point regulations which can influence the best location for the unit to be installed.
For further information or to book your electric vehicle charging point installation, please contact Haley Electrical today on 07920 047093 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need a trusted and approved electrical contractor in Essex and Herts?
Haley Electrical Services are a team highly skilled and experienced electricians based in Ongar covering Essex and Herts. Commercial Electrician, Industrial Electrician, Construction Electrician, Home Electrician...